Elephant Rock Books created a study guide for teachers to use The Art of Holding On and Letting Go in their classroom. Eleven writing activities/exercises, including Comparing the Drafts: Two versions of my first chapter are shared and compared, the chapter I originally submitted and the revised, final published version.
The activities are easily adapted to other books/stories as well. Access the guide here:
* The Art of Holding On and Letting Go was selected by the Michigan Reading Association for the Great Lakes Great Books 2017-2018 state-wide literature program. I'm honored to be on this list with so many of the authors I admire.
* My book is a young adult finalist for the Booksellers' Best Award judged by librarians and booksellers and sponsored by the Greater Detroit Chapter of RWA.
* I'm a 2017 #PitchWars mentor! Learn more at Brenda Drake's website.
* The audiobook is here! Thank you, Audible!
*Thanks to Michigan independent bookstores for embracing my book and helping it become a 2016 bestseller!
* Thank you Ron Riekki for compiling this list of Michigan bestsellers for the Morning Sun. I'm honored!
* Thank you Sarah Gross for including my novel in your Nerdy Book Club post to encourage students to get outside and immersed in nature.
* Thank you Rachel Moulden for interviewing me in the Oakland Press.
* Thank you Alissa Wild and Heidi Barr and the We Are Wildness community for supporting my book. The perfect backdrop!
* Thank you Bustle for featuring my book twice! https://www.bustle.com/articles/179759-this-ya-novel-taught-me-7-important-lessons-about-being-an-adult